I’ve made my own version of the classic Caesar salad, which is a little bit healthier on the dressing – it’s all about taking influences from the original dish and bigging up the flavours and textures where you can.
1. Snap off and discard any wilting or dark green outer lettuce leaves. Trim the leaves, then cut the head into quarters lengthways. Chop into chunks and get rid of the core. Wash under cold running water and dry in a salad spinner.
2. To make the dressing, peel and finely chop the garlic. Whisk the yoghurt, olive oil, grated Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and lemon juice together in a bowl.
3. Roughly chop and add the anchovies, season and whisk again.
4. Toss the lettuce in the dressing, then scoop the salad into a serving bowl.
5. Coarsely grate over a little extra Parmesan, if you like. Toss again, then serve.