Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by FoodTube
Ingredients & Steps
For the baste:
1. Mix the above ingredients together in a small bowl. Once combined dry rub them all over your pork shoulder and then place in a baking tray uncovered for an hour on Gas Mark 1 or equivalent.
2. After an hour pour in 100ml water to the tray and then baste the shoulder in a simple baste, mixing together the paprika, honey and olive oil. Give the shoulder a good coating. Cover the tray in foil and return to the oven for 4 hours.
3. When ready scrape your pork apart with 2 forks into shreds of pork. Once done add to the BBQ sauce (recipe below) in the saucepan.
1. Mix together all of the 'wet' items above – your olive oil, honey, cider vinegar & mayo and chuck in the salt and pepper. Then mix in the vegetables. Tweak with extra seasoning until you are happy with the taste. Refrigerate until needed.
1. In a saucepan over a low heat add the ingredients above together, stir all through and bring to just under a simmer. Keep 2 tbsp of the sauce to one side for dipping, then when ready add the shredded pork (as per steps above) and coat well.
2. Once the sauce has simmered down drop in your kidney beans and stir in with the pork over a low heat to warm them through.
Rice: ½ chopped red pepper, ½ chopped yellow pepper, 500ml veg stock, 50g frozen peas, ½ chopped onion, 200g basmati rice, olive oil.
1. Add the oil to the pan and warm, adding in the peppers first. 4 mins later add the onions. Once both are softened pour in the vegetable stock and your rice.
2. When the rice is nearly cooked through and most of the water is absorbed pour in the frozen peas and stir. Give the peas 5 mins in with the pan, stirring every now and then.
To serve: Tortilla wraps, grated red Leicester & cheddar cheese.
1. warm some tortilla wraps in the microwave briefly. Spoon the pork mixture in, line a good amount of rice alongside, then top with coleslaw and grated cheese. Fold the wings of the wrap in, and then fold the tortilla over itself to create a little cylinder (the video shows this step well).
2. Cut in the middle at a slight angle and then serve on a plate with some additional rice & coleslaw, plus the BBQ sauce you reserved earlier as a dip.