Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the minced meat till browned.
3. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onions to the pan and fry till lightly browned.
4.Add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the beef, carrots, peas and herbs.
5. Add the beef stock and season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook over a low heat for about 20mins, adding a bit more stock if it seems too dry (see note)
7. Transfer the meat into a large baking dish or ovenproof casserole.
8. Top with the mashed potatoes (which has been mixed with the cheeses and nutmeg) and score the top with a fork. You can either dot a little butter over the potatoes or spray a little olive oil over the top as I did.
9. Bake at 190C for approx 30mins, till golden.
Note: If you prefer more gravy in your pie double the quantity of stock and thicken with a little cornflour towards the end of cooking.