Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Kye
This recipe is for 6, but last's for a couple of days as there's always something else you can add to it. The sausages may be difficult to find in some countries. I can find these sausages easily, but sometimes replace certain with the more classic, once that i have checked the % of meat that is marked on the packets.
2. In a large heavy pot, melt the fat or peanut oil, add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes.
3. Stir in the sauerkraut, juniper berries, bay leaves, cloves, black pepper, stock and wine and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Add the ham hocks and the bacon, cover the pot, place in the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hour, undisturbed.
4. When the meats are tender, remove from oven, imbed the sausages in the sauerkraut. Cover the pot and return it to the oven until they are hot, about 25 minutes. Discard the bay leaves.
5. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water, add salt and bring to a boil over high heat; cook the potatoes until tender when pierced. Drain the potatoes and cover to keep warm.
6. To serve, pile the sauerkraut on a large heated platter and garnish with the meats, sausages and potatoes. Serve very hot with assorted mustards.