Coronation Chicken Pittas
Added by PoshPaws | Tue 21 Apr 2009 @ 11:51
A yummy way to dispose of the other half of a roast chicken! Served with home-made potato wedges and a green herb salad.
Half a roast chicken, separated into shreds.
For the sauce :
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Creme fraiche
1 tbsp Mango Chutney
1 tsp Curry paste
0.5 tsp Cinnamon
0.5 tsp ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp Flaked Almonds, chopped.
1. Make up the sauce, as follows, at least a half an hour before eating, to allow the flavours to develop.
2. Into a large bowl, place all the ingredients for the Coronation Sauce and mix well.
3. Add the chicken and stir gently to make sure every piece is coated with the sauce.
4. Toast the pitta breads lightly to puff them up and separate their layers.
5. Slit the side of each pitta bread and fill with the Coronation Chicken. (You can add the green salad to the pitta bread before adding the chicken, if you like).
To make the potato wedges :
Take as many potatoes as you will need and cut them into wedges.
Put into a bowl and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring half-way through.
Remove from the microwave and drizzle with oil (vegetable or half olive/sunflower mix is good), then dredge with Cajun spice mix.
Tip out onto roasting tray and cook in oven at 200deg for some 15-20 minutes. Turn them over and cook again for 10 mins. (Cooking time depends entirely on how big you\'ve made each wedge - so be aware it could be shorter or longer!).
Serve with a green herb salad.