Added by Allora Andiamo | Sun 24 May 2009 @ 17:27
approx 160g farfalle pasta,cook according to packet instructions
1 cupful of peas
8 asparagus spears, cut into 4cm chunks
about 8-10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
A lug of olive oil
About 3/4 cupful of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to season
1. Just before you start cooking the pasta, prepare the sauce.
2. Add a lug of olive oil to a small saucepan (with lid) and gently fry the onion and garlic till soft.
3. Add the peas, stock and some salt and black pepper. Cover, then cook over a low heat whilst you prepare the pasta.
4. A couple of minutes before the pasta is ready, add the asparagus and basil and continue cooking without a lid, till most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add the sauce to the cooked pasta, drizzle with a little extra olive oil, toss, then serve with a little grated parmesan or pecorino.