Added by Allora Andiamo | Thu 21 Jan 2010 @ 19:31
A lovely pasta dish with a creamy flavour and lovely colours :)
approx• 150g -160g foglie pasta (you could also use orecchiette)
about 1/3 of a small Hokkaido pumpkin, peeled and diced
2 handfuls of rucola (rocket), remove stems
1 medium potato, peeled and diced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp butter
Mild vegetable stock (prepare about 500ml)
Salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg to season
Finely grated parmesan to serve
1. In a large frying pan, heat the butter and oil gently then add the onions. Fry over a gentle heat till just soft.
2. Add the garlic and fry for just a few seconds before adding the diced pumpkin. Cook over a gentle heat for about 5 mins.
3. Add the diced potatoes and continue to cook over a low heat for another 5 minutes.
4. Season the vegetables with a little salt, pepper and the pinch of nutmeg. Pour in a ladleful of the stock and cook over a gentle heat, stirring regularly.
5. Once the liquid has almost evaporated, add another ladleful of stock. Start cooking your pasta about now, so it\'s ready when the sauce is finished. Note: Stirring and adding the liquid bit by bit will help to produce a slightly creamy sauce. You probably won\'t need all of the stock. Just keep adding it till the veggies are cooked, leaving a little creamy liquid in the pan.
6. Once the pumpkin is very tender, add the rucola to the pan, along with the drained pasta (add a small ladeful of pasta water to the sauce).
7. Toss the pan, coating the pasta with the sauce.
8. Serve with some freshly grated parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.