Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by gage
This pesto recipe will make a 12oz container of pesto, the shrimp portion of this should serve two. Make pasta accordingly!
1. Roughly chop scapes to prep for food processor. Big 4-5 inch pieces are fine, whatever your processor can handle. Reserve one or two of the whole scapes for sauteing with shrimp.
2. Remove leaves of lemon thyme sprigs. This doesn't have to be too neat.
3. Pulse scapes & lemon thyme together until they have a rough chop, begin to add the 1/3 of a cup of olive oil.
4. Add Walnuts, lemon juice, salt and remaining olive oil. Combine until smooth. More seasoning and oil can be added to taste of course!
For Shrimp and Scape saute:
1. Get a pan hot, adding a small amount of butter or oil to pan.
2. Add shrimp and scapes that have been chopped into 1/2 inch pieces to the pan, a couple of thyme leaves, 1 tsp salt and a squeeze of lemon. Cook until shrimp are completely done and scapes have lost their garlic bite. They will have a texture a little like asparagus stalks to begin with!
Toss pesto, shrimp, raw corn cut from the cob and pasta together. You can add some cooking water or olive oil if the pesto seems too thick.
Optional: Sprinkle with parmesan or pecorino.