Added by dbutts29 | Tue 28 Jul 2009 @ 09:25
This is a simple recipe for ginger biscuits you ca use up to the full amount of sugar and golden syrup depending on how sweet you like them. I go for less sugar as a personal preference.
20-30gms golden syrup
175 - 225gm demerera sugar
300 gm flour
2tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate soda
3tsp ground ginger
Pinch of salt
1 egg beaten
1. Pre heat the oven to 160c gas mark 3 and line two baking sheets with grease proof paper or the reusable baking sheets.
2. Put the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan and bring up to heat melting the butter and allowing the mixture to amalgamate. Allow to cool slightly
3. Sift together all the other dry ingredients into a bowl
4. Pour in the warm butter mixture and bring it all together, then add the egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. At this point the mix should be holding is shape but it will be slightly brittle when you mould into balls. Dont worry this creates the ridges and finished texture of the biscuit. 6. Create balls about 1-2cms in diameter and place on the baking sheet, you can at this point press down to create discs or leave them to spread a little in the oven. You should be able to get ~24 bisctuits out of this one batch.
7. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until they are starting to colour, they will be initially soft when removed butas they cool the will firm up nicely. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee :)