Lamachun (Turkish Pizza)
Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
Makes 4 medium sized Lamachun
250g plain flour plus extra for dusting
A good pinch of salt
1/2 cube of fresh yeast
150ml lukewarm water
200g finely minced lamb
1 med onion, finely chopped
1 red or green chilli , finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 plum tomatoes (tinned),finely chopped
2 tbsp of tomato paste (tomato puree)
6 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground cummin
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
A little salt to season
As posted on the forum today ...i just HAD to make one :D
1. Put flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the pinch of salt to the flour and make a well in the centre. Crumble the yeast into the center of the bowl and add the water bit by bit, mixing yeast/water into the flour.
2. Finish off mixing with your hands. Remove from the bowl and knead (using some extra flour for dusting) for about 10-15mins.
3. Pop it back in the bowl and cover with a cloth. Let it rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
4. Whilst the dough is rising, make the Lamachun topping.
5. Using a fork,mix topping ingredients together (try not to squash the mixture too much,keep it nice and light and crumbly). Pop the mixture into the fridge whilst you get the pizza dough ready.
6. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and roll each piece into a very thin pizza shape.
7. Place pizza dough onto an oiled baking tray, then top with a quarter of the meat mixture, spreading it evenly over the whole pizza.
8. Bake in a preheated oven (my oven temp is 250C) for approx 5-6 mins .
To serve, top the pizzas with chopped salad, tomatoes, sliced onions ,sliced cucumber in a yoghurt and garlic sauce (similar to greek tzatziki) and a simple cabbage salad (shredded cabbage dressed with olive oil,lemon juice, salt and pepper). I like mine rolled up but you can eat them with a knife and fork if you prefer.