Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Kye
2. Meanwhile, peel carrots and big onions. Chop coarsely. Trim the meat (if necessary) and cut into pieces of approximately 70 g (3 to 4 cm section).
3. Place in large bowl carrots, onions and meat. Cover with red wine and place the container in the refrigerator for 24 h.
4. Cook the beef bourguignon. Drain separately meat and vegetables. Collecting wine. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan that can go into the oven and brown the pieces of meat for 5 min. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the garnish of pickled vegetables. Cook another 4 minutes.
5. Discard the fat from the cooking pot. Add red wine, cloves crushed garlic and bouquet garni. Bring to a boil, then skim. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper (be careful not to over salt)
6. Cover the casserole and bake 200 ° C (Th 6-7) for 2 h 30 to 3 hrs During the cooking, stirring several times with a wooden spatula. If, during cooking, the sauce seems too concentrated, add a little water until the cooking liquid reaches the 3 / 4 the height of the pieces of meat. Remove beef pieces out of pan along with the bouquet garni. Pour the cooking liquid, containing carrots and onions in a blender and mix for at least 6mins. Then put the sauce through the chinois (fine mesh strainer) and collect in the pan. Check the seasoning sauce. Then add the pieces of meat. Keep warm over very low heat.
7. Prepare the aromatic garnish (for cooking beef). Peel, and wash the onions: put them in a saucepan with 20g butter and cover with water. Add 1 / 2 tsp. tablespoon powdered sugar. Cover with parchment paper cut in circles (the diameter of the pan). Boil and reduce heat to medium. When water is evaporated, remove the parchment paper, leaving the brown onions in butter and remaining sugar to caramelize the onions well. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper at the end of cooking.
8. Add balsamic vinegar and reduce it completely. Reserve the onions, that is to say, covered with a thin bright film. Remove rind and cartilage of the half salted bacon. Cut into small pieces. Blanch the bacon, that is to say, plunge into cold water and boil shortly. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan sauté the bacon. When nicely browned, drain on paper towels.
9. Peel and wash the mushrooms. Drain and cut into quarters. Sauté with 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, season at the end of cooking, then drain on paper towels.
10. Heat the beef bourguignon last time over high heat. Add garnish of bacon and mushrooms, and onions. Serve hot in a bowl