Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by castagna
1. mix the two flours with water and knead for about 5 minutes
2. with a rolling pin roll the dough to a thickness of 2-3 mm
3. cut 7-8 cm wide strips, overlap the strips and cut across the width, yielding about 5 millimeters wide sort of short noodles
1. cut the cabbage in short strips, the potatoes in small dices and boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes
2. add the pizzoccheri and boil for about 10 minutes
3. using a skimmer make a layer of pizzoccheri (with cabbage and potatoes) in a baking tin, sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Valtellina Casera cut into flakes
4. continue layering pizzoccheri and cheese
5. fry the garlic and the sage in the butter and pour it in the baking tin without mixing
- If you do not fine Valtellina Casera cheese, you can try with Bitto, Fontina, Cheddar or all Parmigiano Reggiano cheese instead
- If you do not want to make the pasta, you can buy it already made
- Make sure to have a little bit of cheese left for the last layer and put it in a hot (~200 °C) oven for 5 minutes before serving.