Added by Allora Andiamo | Fri 15 May 2009 @ 18:54
approx 200g lean minced beef
1 cupful of long grain rice (quick cooking)
Beef stock (prepare about 1 litre)
3/4 cupful of peas
1 cup of pureed tomatoes (passata)
2 large red chillies,thickly sliced
1 heaped tbsp of harissa sauce
1/2 - 1 tsp hot chilli flakes
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic,sliced
A dash of olive oil
Harissa sauce to serve
1. Using a frying pan with a lid, heat a little olive oil over a medium heat and fry the minced beef till browned then remove from the pan.
2. Add the onions, garlic, sliced chillies and chilli flakes to the pan. Fry over a low heat till softened.
3. Add the rice to the pan and fry gently for a couple of minutes. Return the minced meat to the pan adding the peas, pureed tomatoes and harissa sauce. Cook for about 1 minute.
4. Add enough stock to just about cover the rice, pop the lid on and cook for about 4 - 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
5. Once the rice has absorbed most of the stock, add a little more, then continue cooking till rice is done (about 15mins in total).
6. Serve with extra harissa sauce.
Note:You may not need all of the stock. The rice should be nice and moist when it\'s finished cooking, without too much liquid left in the pan.