Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
1. Prepare the cabbage leaves. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the whole cabbage leaves for about 1.5 minutes only.
2. Remove, rinse under cold water then lay on a clean tea towel to dry. Once they've cooled down, cut out any tough stems with a 'V' cut (see blog pics). Set aside whilst you prepare your filling.
3. Place all of the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well using your hands. Divide the mixture into 8 pieces.
4. Fill the cabbage rolls with the mixture (you can use my blog pictures as a guide). then tie together with kitchen string.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan. Place the rolls in the pan and fry gently on both sides till lightly browned.
6. Pour in the stock then cover with a lid and simmer over a gentle heat for about 40mins,
7. Making the sauce.
Remove the rolls from the pan and keep them warm. Cook the stock over a medium heat till its reduced to about 1 cup.
8. Add the creme fraiche and cream to the pan along with the mustard and some seasoning if necessary. Cook the sauce over a low heat for about 5 mins, stirring all the time .
9. To serve, remove the string from the cabbage rolls and drizzle each roll with a little of the mustard sauce. Serve with mashed/boiled potatoes or rice .