Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Wildmushroom
In a cake, chocolate and chilli give it a boost and just that 'Spark'.
2. Grease with butter a 20cm (approx) cak tin. (use springform if preferred)
3. Using an electric/classic whisk, add the butter/margarine to a mixing bowl together with the sugar. Whisk till light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, take care not to let the mixture seperate. If it does seperate, add a bit of flour.
5. Next you need to melt the chocolate, this can be done using one of the three following ways:
a) Break the chocolate into as small pieces as possible and place in a small bowl. Boil a small pan of water, then place the bowl of chocolate within. Do not let the water overflow into the chocolate, and stir until completely melted.
b) Put the broken chocolate into a shallow ovenproof dish and heat in an oven at 110°C/Gas 1 till completely melted.
c) Only use this method if necessary. Place the broken Chocolate in a microwaveable dish and microwave on full heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring often to let it heat thoroughly.
In case the chocolate overheats and starts to lump, adding a little milk, oil or butter will help restore it. Allow to cool.
6. Once cool, add the chocolate to the mixture and mix in.
7. Add the remaining flour to the mixture and stir till smooth.
8. If you are using fresh chilli/es finely chop them, and either add now or crush/blend them to a paste.
9. If using ready made chili paste or oil, add it to the mixture now, or the paste you mad yourself. Add slowly, checking it does not too badly ovepower the mixture. Stir till smooth.
10. Pour the cake mixture into the greased cake tin.
11. Bake for just under 1 ½ hours or till fully cooked. Check by poking a knife or stick in, and if clean it is cooked. Do not let it burn, so check occasionaly. It should be risen and have a slight crust.
12. Take out the cake, and let it cool for 10 minutes, before taking out of the tin. Then leave to cool for another 10 minutes on a wire rack.
13. The cake could be eaten now, or if you want to ice it, proceed with the instructions, or choose your own icing choice.
14. To make Chocolate cream, simply:
Melt the chocolate as before, and mix together with the cream, and then cool until thickened. Cut the cake in half, ice, then put back together and ice all over.