Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Wash and dry your apples and insert thicken wooden skewers, lollipop sticks or chopsticks into each apple.
3. Combine the water, sugar and vinegar in a small heavy based pan.
4. Bring the mixture to the boil and add the food colouring if you're using it.
5. Heat the mixture to 150C and simmer for about 20 mins. If you don't have a sugar thermometer then just test the mixture after 20 mins by dropping a spoonful into a cup of cold water. The mixture should become hard and will crack when you tap it with the back of a metal spoon.
6.Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to stop bubbling before dipping the apples,one by one, into the mixture (you'll need to tilt the pan a little).
7. Rotate the apple, letting it drain a little then place on the greaseproof paper to cool down and harden.