Added by hoppershaun | Mon 23 Feb 2009 @ 08:26
150g double cream
1 vanilla pod
30g caster sugar
1 and a half gelatine leaves
spun sugar, to serve (optional)
1. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes, until softened.
2. Split the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds.
3. In a saucepan,combine the cream, milk, sugar, vanilla seeds and vanilla pod. Bring to a simmer and then remove from the heat.
4. Squeeze excess water from the gelatine leaves and add to the cream mixture. Stir until dissolved.
5. Pour the mixture into ramekins or moulds and refridgerate for at least 5 hours, ideally overnight.
6. Turn out onto plates and serve with spun sugar, if using.