Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Mango Ginger
A delicious, tangy, healthy dish, perfect as a starter or a light meal
2. Next prepare your prawns. Peel them, leaving a little bit of the tail on. De-vein the prawn by cutting a slit along the back of the prawn and removing the black vein. This also opens the flesh up and allows more flavour in. Place the prawns in a dish and pour over a little of the dressing, just enough to coat. Refrigerate while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Then prepare your vegetables. Deseed and cut the cucumber into fine matchsticks and place in a bowl. Next finely slice the shallots and add these. Then prepare your pomello/grapefruit – remove the skin around each segment so you only have the juicy centre. Then break these up into chunks. Add to the bowl along with the mint, coriander and bean sprouts.
4. Finally prepare your cashews. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake in a hot oven for about 5 mins until they are golden, shaking half way through. Once they have cooled coarsely chop them and add them to the salad.
5. Next cook your prawns. Heat a griddle pan on a high flame with a little olive oil. Once the oil is hot place your prawns in the pan. Cook until the prawns are pink and firm but they should not become tough – about 2 mins each side should be enough. Take the prawns off the heat and allow to rest while you dress and plate the salad.
6. Dress the salad and divide evenly onto four small plates for a starter or two for a main. Place the prawns on top (2 for a starter, 4 for a main) and enjoy!