Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by raycooksandeats
I made it for a birthday and everyone was impressed with its flavour.
See the post on my website:
2. Once even add the flour while beating all the time.
3. Now mix in the remaining cake ingredients (carrots, baking powder, bicarb, salt and cinnamon).
4. Line two cake tins with baking paper and grease the sides. Divide the cake mixture between the two tins.
5. Bake for 15mins. Take the cakes out of the oven when they are done and cool and on a wire rack.
Then start the icing.
1. Beat the butter, sugar and golden syrup until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract and beat well.
To Assemble the Cake.
1. Put one of the carrot cakes onto a serving plate or cake stand. Cover with a layer of Dulce de leche. Don't go all the way to the edges as the weight of the top layer will squash it out a bit more. You may want to warm it up in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
2.Add a layer of the cream cheese icing. Then place the remaining carrot cake on top.
3. Now you need to repeat the Dulce de leche layer on top of the cake and ice the cake completely with the remaining cream cheese icing. To finish sprinkle the crushed pecans over the top.