Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Farmers Choice
2. Mash half the black beans with the sugar in a small bowl and then stir in the remaining whole beans.
3. Place a little ginger and garlic inside each fish and then lay them on a plate or dish that will fit inside a large steamer. Rub the bean mixture into the fish, especially into the slashes, then sprinkle the remaining ginger and garlic over the top. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Place the steamer over a pan of boiling water. Sprinkle the rice wine or sherry and half the soy sauce over the fish and steam them for 15-20 minutes or until just cooked.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining soy sauce and sprinkle the spring onions over the fish.
6. In a small pan, heat the groundnut oil until smoking, then trickle it over the spring onions. Sprinkle with the sesame oil and serve immediately.