- 1 large bunch mixed soft fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, basil and mint
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 cornichons
- 2-3 anchovy fillets, finely sliced
- 1 heaped tablespoon French mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Pick and roughly chop the herb leaves in the centre of a large chopping board. Add the garlic, capers, cornichons and anchovies and continue chopping and mixing it all together until fine.
Scrape everything into a large bowl and add the mustard, extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar. Have a taste and season with salt and pepper. You might need to tweak the flavours a little, so keep tasting and add more oil, vinegar and seasoning if needed until you get it just right.