- 500 g mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150 g black olives, stoned
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh lemon basil, leaves picked
- 1 bunch fresh marjoram, leaves picked
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g spaghetti or linguine
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, scrunch the tomatoes with your hands to slightly mush them. Mix in the olives, garlic and vinegar. Tear in the basil and marjoram leaves and pour in the olive oil. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Cook your pasta in salted boiling water according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain and quickly toss in with the tomatoes. Call your guests around the table, then taste the juice at the bottom of the bowl and adjust the seasoning if you feel it needs it. Serve right away.