- 250 g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 100 g hazelnuts, toasted and crushed
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 450 g dulce de leche toffee sauce
- 300 ml double cream, whipped
- 4 shop-bought meringues, broken up
Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Unroll the pastry and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool, then snap up into pieces. Divide the pieces between the tea or coffee cups.
Fill up the cups with alternate layers of hazelnuts (set some aside to decorate), banana slices, spoonfuls of dulce de leche, dollops of cream and bits of meringue. Sprinkle with the reserved hazelnuts to serve.