- 750 g rhubarb, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large orange, juice and zest of
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped
- 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
- 250 ml natural yoghurt
Place the chopped rhubarb in a medium-sized saucepan with the orange juice and zest, 100g caster sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and the ginger. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the rhubarb is soft and cooked, but still holds its shape.
Meanwhile, scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and mix these into the yoghurt with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Serve the warm rhubarb topped with a large dollop of vanilla yoghurt.