- 3 fresh beetroots, different colours if possible, peeled
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 1 heart celery, with leaves
- ½ small radicchio, washed and dried
- 1 bunch radishes, topped and tailed
- 1 bulb fennel, herby tops reserved
- 1 grilled chilli dressing
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Very finely slice or shave the beetroots and carrots, using good knife skills, a mandolin on a fine setting or, most easily, a speed peeler, until you have a pile of thin, wavy, crunchy slices. Place in a big mixing bowl. With a sharp knife, slice the celery heart and leaves, the radicchio, the radishes and the fennel as finely as you can and add to the bowl of root veg slices.
Toss the root vegetables in the grilled chilli dressing, season carefully to taste, and serve sprinkled with the reserved fennel tops.