- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 3 limes, finely grated zest and juice of
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar, plus extra to taste
- 1 ripe melon, deseeded and flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 1 ripe papaya, deseeded and flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 1 large handful fresh strawberries, hulled and halved lengthways
- 1 ripe mango, stoned and flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
In a pestle and mortar, bash most of the mint leaves (reserving the remainder to decorate) with the finely grated lime zest. Add the sugar and a good lug of cachaça. Mix gently in the mortar and pestle, add the lime juice, taste and add more sugar if you think you need to.
Toss the fruit together in a bowl with a little of the mint and lime mixture, then spread it all out on a big plate. Spoon the rest of the mint and lime mixture over the top. Decorate with the remaining mint before serving.