- 500 g red and yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 150 g black olives, stoned
- 6 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g orecchiette pasta
- 1 sprig fresh marjoram, oregano or thyme, leaves picked
Put the tomatoes into a large mixing bowl with the olives, anchovies and garlic. Add a few lugs of the best olive oil you can find, season to taste and gently stir together.
Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until tender, then drain and add to the mixing bowl. Stir it all together and let it sit for a minute or two, so the pasta starts to suck up all the lovely flavoured juices in the bowl. Stir again, check the seasoning and serve sprinkled with the marjoram, oregano or thyme leaves.