forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 16 Jun 09 5:50am

jojo_downunder

Occupation Student
From Sydney
Member since Sat 23 Jun 07

How long can you keep soup with cheese in the fridge????

hey guys,I've just made an amazing cauliflower soup with some cheese spread in it and was now wondering how long I can keep it in the fridge. and also how long can I keep it in the freezer. Would be cool if someone had some advise. I wasn't sure due to the cheese spread in it. And I have so much leftover that I could eat it for a week. Thanks !!! and my best regards!!!

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 16 Jun 09 6:17am

ljbritt50

Occupation Gluten Free Cooking Coach and College Cooking Instructor
From Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Member since Sat 03 Jan 09

Re: How long can you keep soup with cheese in the fridge????

Dairy doesn't freeze well. You don't say if there's milk or cream in the soup. When thawed, dairy will separate and becomes a mess. Is the cheese spread a processed food or real dairy cheese? Perhaps you could throw a dinner party? Give some to your neighbours?

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 16 Jun 09 7:48am

Tara

Forum champ
Occupation Mother, Best Friend, home trained cook.
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

jojo_downunder wrote:

hey guys,I've just made an amazing cauliflower soup with some cheese spread in it and was now wondering how long I can keep it in the fridge. and also how long can I keep it in the freezer. Would be cool if someone had some advise. I wasn't sure due to the cheese spread in it. And I have so much leftover that I could eat it for a week. Thanks !!! and my best regards!!!

I wouldnt keep it for much longer than a few days in the fridge especially if there is milk or cream in it.  Freezing a soup with potato or cream will make it come out a bit grainy on defrosting and wont taste as nice.  But if neither are in there, it may be worth ago, Ive never used cheese spread in soup so dont know how that would affect it.  Next time it may be worth leaving out the cheese spead and adding parmasen when you serve into bowls.  I love cauliflower soup, it almost has a coconut flavour about it, enjoy the fruits of your labour jojo.  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 16 Jun 09 7:56am

Tara

Forum champ
Occupation Mother, Best Friend, home trained cook.
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

ljbritt50 wrote:

White Chocolate Cashew Cookies

Photo on my blog : http://www.jamieoliver.com/blogger/ljbritt50

lj, this would be better posted in the recipe section. smile

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 16 Jun 09 5:18pm

ljbritt50

Occupation Gluten Free Cooking Coach and College Cooking Instructor
From Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Member since Sat 03 Jan 09

Mrs_Master wrote:

ljbritt50 wrote:

White Chocolate Cashew Cookies

Photo on my blog : http://www.jamieoliver.com/blogger/ljbritt50

lj, this would be better posted in the recipe section. smile

This was meant to go in the Wheat Intolerance thread. Sorry about that ... however, the recipes for GF and WF foods in here now. They moved it to Food Advice from Recipes. I'm not sure why, but there is no other place for people with special dietary needs to post recipes.

I'll remove the recipe from this thread.

Likes (0)