Likes (0)

#12 Tue 08 May 07 10:29pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Re: Eurovision over

Emma Johanna wrote:

but hey French Vanilla, I really envy you, who have the guts to sing in your own language, its so boring to watch everyone sing in same language!! the culture is gone, know what I mean?? so be proud of it!!! thumbsup

/Emma

Unfortunately that meant that the English and Irish had a slight advantage wink (besides being less embarrassing than some of the people WE sent....)
Although I do have to admit that this year we are actually sending someone who might not embarrass us. Rather good compared to recent years.

Likes (0)

#13 Tue 08 May 07 11:43pm

froso

Member since Thu 22 Mar 07

sweetiejoanne wrote:

How about Yassou Maria from Sarbel?

yawn

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 09 May 07 11:59am

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Oo, love it!  I think we're having cocktails and watching the whole thing.  Whee!

Likes (0)

#15 Wed 09 May 07 1:02pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany

big_smile

Likes (0)

#16 Wed 09 May 07 1:28pm

Ninetta

Member since Tue 14 Nov 06

emma's right, Switzerland's star DJ Bobo is going to sing "vampires are alive" (maybe you know his song "chihuahua"? that was a great hit few years ago).I don't like it , but hey, it's just all about performance, right? and he's known for his great shows (personally I don't like it but most of the Swiss do) There's been a huge debate about the content and a swiss party wanted to ban the song, because he sings about devil, hell, etc... Even though I don't like the song and think that DJ Bobo is quite awkward I think that's gone too far... What do you think?

Likes (0)

#17 Wed 09 May 07 2:44pm

Arnaldo

Occupation Webmaster
From Brazil
Member since Tue 02 Jan 07

Hi all,

I heard somewhere that Morrisey, ex-The Smiths vocal leader, is the England candidate in the Eurovision, is it true?

See ya,

Arnaldo

Likes (0)

#18 Wed 09 May 07 2:49pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Oh no, not DJ Bobo!  When I was in fifth grade my best friend absolutely adored him, this was around the time N*Sync became really popular too...  Apparently he walks around the town he lives in with a fake beard and cap because he thinks he's God's gift...  If you've never seen him, look him up on YouTube.  Hilariously bad.

Likes (0)

#19 Wed 09 May 07 3:08pm

Georgie

From Jamie's office
Member since Thu 06 Jul 06

aw, i love yasou maria!!

and Sarbel my mate, ill be cheering him on!!  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#20 Wed 09 May 07 4:23pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany

Anna wrote:

Oh no, not DJ Bobo!

I'm with you on that one. He's a weirdo..... Should have never started to sing....

Likes (0)