Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Thu 21 Feb 13 12:16am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Re: Brie...

Brie de meaux,is a superb cheese. Brie is French, I think. Somerset Brie, not sure if itís right to call it Brie? It should be called something else. Waitrose does some great French soft cheeses. If ever youíre in London La Fromagerie is also good for that. But Nealís Yard is much better (mostly stunningly good  U.K. cheese).

Likes (0)

#12 Thu 21 Feb 13 12:42pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

wine~o wrote:

Speak French????

I've only just learnt to speak English..... tongue

Q3... then I think the awnser might be not to move to France then  lol

How do you like the Brie to be when you eat it .
Chilled straight from the fridge , or at room temperature ?
What sort of texture do you like it to be.

It could be that simply altering the temperature of the cheese or allowing it to ripen more might improve its flavour for you.

Likes (0)

#13 Thu 21 Feb 13 12:47pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Out of the fridge...room temperature... I've tried leaving it out for ages...still not as good as the un-pastuerised..

Looks like I'll have to give Sainsburys a try..

Likes (0)

#14 Thu 21 Feb 13 2:00pm

mincepie

Forum champ
From uk
Member since Tue 07 Oct 08

Sadely as the high street deli closes we have to rely on the big boys. If your lucky enough to still have a butcher and they have enough resources to fund a seperate member of staff to run a cheese counter [its the law] they do their best to cater for you.
Even luckier to have a local farm shop, although fuel and time to get to these often out of the way places all adds up.

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 21 Feb 13 7:24pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

wine~o wrote:

Out of the fridge...room temperature... I've tried leaving it out for ages...still not as good as the un-pastuerised..

Looks like I'll have to give Sainsburys a try..

I was bought up eating Brie that had been left long enough to be running over the plate  and never eaten straight form the fridge.

I find many people eat Brie when it is still fairly firm and the cheese has some texture rather than it being very smooth and slightly runny in the center.

Likes (0)