forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sat 03 Mar 07 1:24pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Re: Fun drinks for parties!

See when we have a party, tend to get a very big recepticle and just empty some bottles into it: normally, vodka, white wine, fruit juice and lemonade.

Likes (0)

#12 Sat 03 Mar 07 1:29pm

emmylu

Occupation unknown
From sydney, nsw, australia
Member since Mon 20 Nov 06

lol. my family rarely buy good plonk.... they r pretty big drinkers wen it comes to parties (mainly due to a big family)... usually bottles end up gettin smashed (with big families come big fights big_smile) and every1 is to plastered to remember wat the booze is like anyway!!!! its easier just to buy a few (more like allot) of cases of VB or something similar... and also, the beach and booze is not a good combo, lol

Likes (0)

#13 Sat 03 Mar 07 1:34pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

We do that too, but our big receptacle is a plastic baby bath, and the ingredients don't necessarily complement each other...  I remember one incident (fuzzily) that involved a wellie-ful of Baileys, vodka, absinthe and lager.   puke  Literally.

We're going to a mate's party tonight, he's invited over three hundred people (to his house, is the boy mad?) and has got his hands on some laughing gas, which he's selling at £1 a pop.  I never knew that this was a perfectly legal high, and apparently good fun.  I'll report back tomorrow! 

I know I always post this when we discuss drinks, but it's so good!

BLOODY MARY
Quantities are negotiable.

Tomato juice, about 250ml
Chilli or pepper vodka, 2 shots
Port or sherry, a dash
Salt, not Worcestershire sauce (I don't like it much)

Shake, pour over ice, and sip delicately with your sunglasses on until you start to feel better!   wink

Likes (0)

#14 Sun 04 Mar 07 4:03pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ

Anna, and....

I was at a house warming last night. SUppossed to have a BBq (yes, it was freeezing), but they ran out of gas, so everyone just had to drink.  We spent hours outside watching the lunar eclipse, got so cold I had to make a hot water bottle and take it to bed with me. oops

Likes (0)

#15 Sun 04 Mar 07 4:26pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Good God.  I noticed I posted last night, which I only vaguely remember... I think I popped home to change because in the photos I seem to be wearing two different shirts... feeling surprisingly perky though, guarana seems to be the way forward!  Laughing gas is nothing to write home about, but all in all a good time was had by all (apart from the crying girl; there's always a crying girl). 

Wish we'd have seen the lunar eclipse, it was really cloudy (and bloody cold).  How was it?  Spectactular or a bit of a let-down?  Remember all the fuss about the solar eclipse years ago, which turned out to be not so very exciting at all?

Likes (0)

#16 Sun 04 Mar 07 6:37pm

Alex G

Forum champ
Occupation Student/Commis chef
From Brighton/ Bournemouth
Member since Sat 29 Oct 05

Nothing exciting tbh, went a little red and that was it :S Then it went cloudy.

Likes (0)

#17 Sun 04 Mar 07 7:47pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ

It improved when I went and put my glasses on so that it was no longer out of focus.  Think the general thought was that it took a v long time, so we had all gotten bored, and ended up discussing Button moon instead.  We also had the obligatory phsyics lesson about what caused it.

Likes (0)