With runny yolks for dunking
FLEX YOUR FILLING
– Once you've mastered these classic baked eggs, have fun adding your favourite flavours and get creative!
– Basil and cherry tomato is a great place to start, for Italian-style baked eggs.
– Try red chilli, avocado, lime and coriander, if Mexian-inspired baked eggs are more your thing.
– You could finely slice and add a handful of chestnut mushrooms, then strip over a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme and finish with a drizzle of truffle oil.
– Tear in a slice of smoked salmon, then finely chop and sprinkle over a few fresh chives for more of a classic brunch vibe.
– A handful of spinach and a slice of cooked higher-welfare ham would also work a treat.
ON THE SIDE
– Serve with wilted greens, or a leafy salad and hot buttered toast for dunking.