Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sun 08 Apr 07 6:09am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Re: For Simon and Bob and others

For those who are interested I have added one of the fish shops to my blog. Others are to follow when I take some more pics, hopefully next week.

Likes (0)

#12 Sun 08 Apr 07 5:37pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

bcrain... I think i have been to Granville market as well.. it is in north vancouver right? we took the water taxi across when we were out there a few years ago... If it is the one i am thinking of i picked up a bunch of hot sauces and chillies there from a stall run by an older asian guy. It had a nice wine store carrying lots of BC wines, and a really good food court .  Another market i forgot to mention is the byward market in Ottawa..in the summer there is a great selection of fruits an veg from both ontario and quebec.

In case ya hadn't supsected yet , My wife and I are Farmers market groupies  tongue

Last edited by Ashen (Sun 08 Apr 07 5:37pm)

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#13 Mon 09 Apr 07 2:24am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

We have a lot of farmers markets here in Adelaide, one of the major ones I have only been to once and need to get there again with my camera.

Likes (0)

#14 Mon 09 Apr 07 3:22am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

I went on a tour of the market late last year and it was wonderful. I only wish we'd had more time in adelaide so we could make better use of the market. If you are travelling there I'd recommend doing the tour (you get a discount voucher for haigh's chocolates that's valid for any store in the country). Also, make sure you are staying somewhere that has cooking facilities. The tour we went on was through http://www.topfoodandwinetours.com.au/d … t-tour.php and it was great.

Likes (0)