forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Wed 22 Oct 08 7:49pm

French_vanilla

Forum champ
Occupation Secretary
From Dublin - Ireland
Member since Sun 01 Apr 07

Re: annoying neighbours ??? what do yours do ?

Mine likes his guitar a bit too much... especially when back from the pub at 3.00am.... I'd nearly pay for him to take classes... the poor lad is brutal....

Frenchie

Likes (0)

#12 Wed 22 Oct 08 10:56pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I still fear boxers because one mauled and almost killed a child in our neighborhood when I was a kid.  There was a person who moved into our neighborhood and had a dog that screamed in agony 16 hours a day.  Because it was only heard during the 'legal' hours for noise and because they apparently gave the dog some water and just enough shelter, etc., there was nothing the Humane Society could do.  They told us it was the most calls from any one neighborhood about any one incident.  I think the sheer outrage of neighbors forced those people to leave.  They came to our neighborhood hoping to run a shabby puppy mill and our properties are tiny.  It was about as outrageous as it gets in mild mannered suburbia.  Sometimes the breeding of dogs in our country is very cruel and immoral, sometimes they are terribly inbred and have a high degree of behavior problems and other diseases from genetic disorders.  I have a friend who has had many pure bred dogs, every one of them had terrible health problems and behavior quirks from inbreeding.  I say, get a cat!

Likes (0)

#13 Thu 23 Oct 08 12:28am

Rohroh

Forum champ
Occupation Fibre Artist / Single Mum
From Belfast NI
Member since Fri 10 Oct 08

My neighbours think I'm an annoying neighbour - they have never said it outright but...

Next door neighbour came to me last summer and asked me "Do you have mice?" She then explained that one had got into her kitchen...This kind amused me in a bewildered sort of way...I offered her my cat, a good mouser and said I'd had one few years back but the cat nabbed it...and that, no, I didn't have mice...

Another comes over to me every year telling me that I'd need to cut back my Forsythia shrub as dissident youths tend to hide in it...she does physically show me how...and it never seems to matter to her that I want it to flower the following year and that, no, I'm not going to cut its new growth off... hmm

I do drive them crazy...I'm not a follower of concrete or tarmac in the garden and due to my having ME this last eight years or so I haven't put the time into trimming and pruning etc...though I always pull off the dandilion clocks in case they spread...

So my garden abounds with overgrown-ness and greenery in abundance and I love it...country girl at heart... mrgreen

I admit I do need to paint the woodwork and fix the gate but I'm fine about the leaves lying in windy trails up the garden path...I am that annoying neighbour... evil

Likes (0)

#14 Thu 23 Oct 08 11:03am

geelong

Occupation mum of 2
From australia
Member since Wed 15 Oct 08

you think you have bad neighbours mine head butted my son in the face and attacked
some won with a base ball bat .He use to yell at all hours not so bad now since someone ran him over.

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 23 Oct 08 11:35am

choc chops

Forum champ
Occupation Restaurant Manageres
From Essex
Member since Mon 24 Mar 08

bcrain....wave

you need to have a word with them and the authorities mate, you said yourself, that dog would of bitten you if the backpack wasn't there!  shocked

what if it bites your son like that!  yikes

Or a very small child and really hurts them.

No one wants to fall out with their neighbours and you all have to live together, but this is really serious. dont leave it to late or you may regret it Hun.

Likes (0)

#16 Thu 23 Oct 08 11:38am

Singwhenyoubing

Forum champ
Occupation Professional crisp taster
From Essex.

Annoying Neighbours??? **** right it is - I prefer Home & Away myself!!!

lol

I'm here all week!  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#17 Thu 23 Oct 08 11:43am

choc chops

Forum champ
From Essex

geelong wrote:

you think you have bad neighbours mine head butted my son in the face and attacked
some won with a base ball bat .He use to yell at all hours not so bad now since someone ran him over.

lol
Im not laughing at your son getting head butted or people getting attacked by this bloke, but just the way you said "not so bad now...since someone run him over."

Classic!

sometimes...What goes around comes around!
Maybe hes not such a bully anymore?

Likes (0)

#18 Thu 23 Oct 08 11:50am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

There have been a number of serious dog attacks on children in our town lately, front page pictures of little ones with stitches all over their faces, not nice.

Dogs with aggressive tendencies normally do not change and may escalate next time.

It is an offence here to have any dogs on the loose unaccompanied  and they must be registered with the council.

If you see it on the loose, maybe you could ring the animal control officer in your area and express your concerns.

Likes (0)

#19 Thu 23 Oct 08 12:37pm

geelong

Occupation mum of 2
From australia
Member since Wed 15 Oct 08

choc chops  no he has not been as bad but when he gets better you never know 
i just have to keep thinking every dog has it day .

Likes (0)

#20 Thu 23 Oct 08 12:43pm

choc chops

Forum champ
From Essex

maybe he will get run over again?  crossed

you can only hope!  wink

Likes (0)