forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sun 05 Feb 12 10:54pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

Re: 20 children aged 2 - 4yrs, daily menu ideas?

welcome trailbiker big_smile, youll'be a fortunate person not only feeding children but as I have personally seen making them taste and remember for all their life good food.
As MsP said, I worked in a nursery kitchen with cuoco Roberto and the first thing he says is good quality food. Our food was almost completely biological (I think you would say freerange??). The kitchen never had a smell like you find in trattorie where they make heavy sauces hmm  hmm. There was a menu rotating through the weekdays and seasons chosen by a dietista, but I think the best and precious part of it was the cook's choice of ingredients.
The most amazing thing was to see 3 years old children queue with their plate to have a second help of soup  shocked  thumbsup
And if something changed they knew it immediately looking at what there was in their plate and tasting it.
I call this eating education, without many words but good food, they'll never forget it and they'll never foget you.
Good luck you have a piece of future in your hands and if you work with passion it will reward you  crossed  crossed  big_smile 

if you lile scroll through my blogs, meanwhile I'll see too what could be useful to start with winter recipes we did there

let us know wave

Likes (0)

#12 Sun 05 Feb 12 11:07pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

mummz, they had good food. Their school years coordinated with the time when Lunch Ladies actually cooked and had a smile on their faces when those little kids actually ate and appreciated what they ate.

Primary school was much the same, though self-service was new at the time the food was good and healthy.

College was original, notably around Christmas when there was Ostrich and Wild Boar. Being Catholic, every day for a week before Easter holidays there were different types of fish.

Likes (0)

#13 Sun 05 Feb 12 11:32pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

nursery school  menu's pics start on madamada's blog from page 179 backwards 
if you need details please ask

looking for organic (that's the word I meant for biologico) my mentor kept telling me the most important thing is to look into the suppliers' eyes or at growers', breeder's  faces more than at certification titles which can be in a certain sense obtained but not always strictly true

good confidence between cook and suppliers together with local seasonal food will make yours a 5stars kitchen  thumbsup big_smile

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Mon 06 Feb 12 10:12am)

Likes (0)

#14 Mon 06 Feb 12 8:02am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

little children usually love pasta so some pasta dishes would be good on the menu,

(one of my 4 children did not like pasta at all when they were small but now as an adult happily eats it now as long as it does not have a tomato based sauce on it !)

Likes (0)