Sometimes there is nothing that can come close to the ultimate meat – beef. Whether it is a sizzling sirloin or a proper pie it is the omnivore’s paradise, so we’re celebrating it with some of Jamie’s belting beef recipes, all wrapped up in a Top 10 Beef Special. Let’s get moooooving:
10. Kate and Will’s Wedding Pie – Jamie created this gorgeous pie to celebrate the marriage of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in April 2011. Brimful of herbs and with shin meat used instead of more expensive cuts it won’t bust the bank.
9. Jamie’s Meatloaf is an absolute beauty using lean mince and fresh tomatoes to create a juicy and filling dinner. Forty minutes from start-to-finish makes this American classic simple and delicious.
8. The original Beef Wellington was created to celebrate the Duke of Wellington’s victory over Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo. Jamie’s Mini Beef Wellingtons use mincemeat instead of the super-expensive fillet traditionally used.
7. Beef is great in stir-fries as it cooks really quickly and goes with almost every vegetable. This Beef and Broccoli stir-fry is the ultimate quick dish for your family and full of eastern influence.
6. Beef Carpaccio is really dependent on the quality of the meat used. This Italian version of the very slightly cooked Carpaccio uses slightly thicker slices so it is essential a good meat is used. This comes with a lovely bean salad.
5. The flavours of North Africa come to the fore in this comforting and warming Beef Tagine. The dish is named after the traditional earthenware pots with conical lids commonplace in Morocco and Tunisia, but any solid pot will do.
4. If you love steak then chances are you prefer it chargrilled and Jamie has created the ultimate method. His Best Chargrilled Steak is served with mushrooms and a piquant salsa verde. Beautiful and beefy.
3. A dish that helped millions learn to cook minced beef. Italians are divided about its authenticity (you can’t actually find one in a Bologna restaurant) but it is still completely moreish and dead simple to make. Our Spaghetti Bolognese is everything you’d want it to be.
2. London is being overrun by a very welcome invader – the gourmet burger chain. But you don’t have to travel far to get your own. Louie and Gennaro’s ultimate cheeseburgers will give you that kick to satisfy your cravings – but not number one…
1. Immortalised by the Brits as the ultimate family food, the Sunday roast is the ultimate way to get the family round the dining table. Jamie’s roast fore rib of beef with beetroot and horseradish may use an expensive cut, but it could feed an army.
Remember to make the most of your leftovers with Jamie’s latest book.