Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Thu 15 Mar 07 11:15pm

mercedes

Forum champ
Occupation Save a tree, eat a Beaver
From the boonies
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Rubbing ribs

Lady Red I don't think there is a bribe that would work--he is sacred with it!  Enjoy your BBq season!

bcrain----oh crap I guess I should have mentioned that to Parsley--I like to leave the rub on for atleast 30-45 minutes! I usually slow boil my ribs in the apple juice, take them out do the rub and grill them slowly for about an hour on low to medium heat---then add the cherry sauce about 10 minutes before taking off!

Last edited by mercedes (Thu 15 Mar 07 11:15pm)

Likes (0)

#12 Fri 16 Mar 07 2:37am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Oh, ok, I was thinking you may have done that, re: after boiling... then a cool down, blah, blah, blah... sounds good though! I think I may try it the next time I do some ribs. The kids like the bbq sauce and honey and I use that on chicken too at times but it's nice to do something a little different at times, I don't often use rubs, so thanks! Just did a Montreal spice thing with chicken tonight... hey! I think we need a YUMMY smilie available here... what say you??

Likes (0)

#13 Wed 21 Mar 07 3:48pm

ellboy

From ell's kitchen
Member since Mon 11 Apr 05

ok this is probably really dim on my part but does no sugar mean no honey too? i get the whole apples thing but im not sure how honey ranks on the sugar-ladder. i always use honey on my ribs. naiiiice.

el.

Likes (0)

#14 Thu 22 Mar 07 8:35am

Elvis Parsley

Forum champ
Occupation Checking your Missus out
From www.myspace.com/elvisparsley
Member since Tue 29 Jun 04

Did the ribs!  Nice one, Mercs, the dry rub worked very well.  Shame the old broadband doesn't!

Ellboy, no sugar means no honey too.

Likes (0)