Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Mon 03 Nov 08 5:38pm

TheFitnessCoach

Occupation Fitness Coach
From London
Member since Wed 29 Oct 08

Re: Jamie Baird - The Fitness Coach

Hi Rohroh

Now's your chance to get your butt back into shape. You've got 7 weeks before Christmas to make real dent into your weight. Combining the exercise and healthy food together should give you a real good chance of shedding a few pounds.

Good luck.

J.

Likes (0)

#12 Mon 03 Nov 08 5:41pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Hi Jamie! I sometimes walk for hours each day and need something to counter all that walking.  Any suggestions?  I will use equipment whenever hotels offer health spa's, I'm on the road a lot and could use a regular routine for times when I don't have access to a gym, but could do something in my room.  I am a little reluctant to touch the floor, but can feasibly get an extra towel or something to put down in most places.  At home, at least I can use a mat and I wash the floor regularly.

Likes (0)

#13 Mon 03 Nov 08 7:28pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Hi Jamie, thanks so much, those few tips are very easy for me to do and will follow your instructions... I feel the pain already tongue Looking forward to your future posts smile

Likes (0)

#14 Tue 04 Nov 08 12:15pm

TheFitnessCoach

Occupation Fitness Coach
From London

Hey MsPablo,

I have just posted 15 exercises which you can do when you are on the road. Some of the exercises do get you to get down on the floor especially the ones where you are working your abs, however most are done standing up.

See the post "top 15 exercises"

Jamie

Likes (0)

#15 Wed 05 Nov 08 10:07am

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Hi guys wave

Just to let you know that week one of wearing the pedometer I averaged 6419 stes per day.  Hope to raise that this week by 325, so that by the end of the 12 week plan I average the recommended 10,000.

This week I aim to get the increase by better using my lunch hour at work (also hope that my back will be a lot better and that I feel like moving)

Mrs G

Likes (0)

#16 Sun 09 Nov 08 12:42am

proud mom

Forum champ
Occupation Proud mom....
From West midlands
Member since Wed 09 Apr 08

Jaimie I wonder if you can suggest some exercises for a bad back.... my shoulders, neck and lower back ache purely due to the fact I cannot relax or unwind and I am very tense and wound up...

I am finding it extremley difficult to wind down from things and maybe exercise is the key to getting that release...

If you can help that would be fantastic  thumbsup

Thanks in advance  smile

Likes (0)

#17 Sun 09 Nov 08 12:57am

Rohroh

Forum champ
Occupation Fibre Artist / Single Mum
From Belfast NI
Member since Fri 10 Oct 08

TheFitnessCoach wrote:

Hi Rohroh

Now's your chance to get your butt back into shape.

lol  lol  lol

dog has been walked so much it nearly refuses to go near the door...will try some of your tips from now til Christmas...might even measure before and after...eek  shocked

Likes (0)

#18 Tue 11 Nov 08 2:04pm

TheFitnessCoach

Occupation Fitness Coach
From London

Hi Proud mum, there is alot you can do do help for your bad back. A good soak in the bath is a good start and also if you can, treat yourself to a massage. That will really help your muscles to relax and the therapist can work on those muscles that are storing all your tension.

Meditation, yoga or Pilates are also great ways to allevaite tension and aim to take your mind off those things that are making you tense.

Specific strength exercises might actually make things worst however I do have some really good lower back and shoulder strengthening exercises you could try. On the post "top 15 exercises" there are some abdominal, lower back and  upper back strengthening exercises, especially the one Y W T. Give them a go.

best wishes

Jamie

Likes (0)

#19 Sat 15 Nov 08 6:43pm

saltedm8

Forum champ
Occupation Website designer
From Kent, England
Member since Fri 11 Mar 05

As a website designer i spend most of my days in front of the computer screen, not getting any exercise is a daily routine for me. but at the same time because i work from home i also look after my 9 month old daughter whilst my wife is at work... have you got any ideas for 'around the home' exercise that i can do between work and looking after my daughter without spending a fortune on equipment. ?

I will be honest and say that I am also a pretty heavy smoker ( I know, it gets worse - I have tried and failed to quit on more than one occasion, with professional help and without ) so my lung capacity is obviously suffering too.

also because i live in a flat ( i know i am making it a little harder now ) I cant really do anything that will annoy the neighbours below me,
I would appreciate any ideas you may have..

thank you  oops

Last edited by saltedm8 (Sat 15 Nov 08 6:46pm)

Likes (0)

#20 Sun 16 Nov 08 9:23am

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Stepometer update: last week averaged 7,003 steps.  That was above my target for the week.  This week, I'm aiming for 7,300.  Have noticed when doing this on days when I've not done much in the day, reconsidering how I get about in the evening, for example I walked a mile to relatives for diner on Friday rather than getting G to drive me (he was going out elsewhere that night, and it would have been a mile in the wrong direction, plus an extra mile for him to get back in the right direction).  I like that, as it is good for the environment too.

The only annoying thing is that cycling doesn't appear to register anything, and I cycle each day to the train station, plus yesterday jumped on my bike to visit friends rather than walk or drive.

Likes (0)