The sky’s the limit when it comes to pancake toppings, so experiment with your flavours to keep things interesting.
Go savoury or sweet, add fresh herbs or citrus zest, embrace seasonal fruit, or make veg the hero. Think about textures and colour – crunchy nuts or creamy yoghurt, crumbly cheese or soft roasted tomatoes – and most importantly, keep things fresh.
To help you out, here are loads of colourful topping ideas to help fill your body with goodness:
- Sliced blood orange, crumbled hard ricotta & orange zest
- Wilted spinach, ricotta, lemon zest & extra virgin olive oil
- Almond butter, finely chopped almonds, raspberries & honey
- Cottage cheese, chopped fresh herbs, streaky bacon, lemon zest & mixed seeds
- Blackberries & honey
- Sliced figs, Parma ham, rocket & extra virgin olive oil
- Roasted rhubarb, pistachios & honey
- Tahini yoghurt, feta, pomegranate seeds & fresh coriander
- Roasted cherry tomatoes, rocket & quality balsamic vinegar
- Smoked salmon, sliced avocado, fresh chives & lime juice
- Sliced kiwi fruit, passion fruit & sunflower seeds
- Greek yoghurt, blueberries, poppy seeds, orange zest & fresh mint
- Sliced mango, coconut yoghurt, coconut shavings & lime zest
- Sliced figs, Greek yoghurt & orange zest
- Almond butter & sliced strawberries
- Sliced banana & grated dark chocolate
- Grated fresh fruit salad & fresh mint
If you want to make vegan pancakes Tim Shieff has a delicious and easy recipe for you here:
If you’re looking for a base that packs a nutritional punch too, check out Jamie’s healthy healthy cheese & corn pancakes or for a nutty twist on the classic, try these deliciously healthy pancakes.